Through the Arts Programme
This programme offers opportunities for Waterloo School students to develop and
explore their creative talents in the Arts by providing access to equipment and
tutition (scholarships). Focusing on but not limited to Music and Art.
· To offer children who may face physical, emotional or academic challenges the opportunity to experience success in the arts
· To provide music and art tuition scholarships for students, particularly, but not limited to those who may not have these options available outside of school life
· To acknowledge research showing links between the arts helping stimulate brain functions which are related to reading, math and emotional development.
· Using music and art as a positive outlet of expression to cultivate a sense of whakamana/empowerment, growing children’s self-esteem and confidence
· Teaching children to express themselves in a constructive manner with or without words
· To help children to connect
· Working with the school to foster creativity and develop a child’s full potential
· To promote the arts and help bring us together as a community
Please see attached brochure for more information: WETAP Brochure
Check out our wedsite by clicking our icon below:
and follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WaterlooWETAP
Our thanks to ARL Lawyers for supporting us